I read this hysterical blog today about the signs of sub-par parenting and the things this mom has “totally not done.” (http://shortwinded.net/signs-of-subpar-parenting/) It got me to thinking about the things that I have totally not done. I just thought I’d share.
1. I don’t laugh at my child EVERY time she runs into something while looking the other way.
2. I did not hide in the kitchen eating pancakes the other night so she wouldn’t see them and immediately stick her fingers in my plate.
3. I didn’t just give up last night and resign myself to the fact that she IS going to drink the bathwater.
4. We don’t eat McDonald’s more than I care to admit.
5. I do not put her to bed early sometimes so that I can go to bed.
6. I do not sometimes put her in her crib and put a movie on so I can grab a quick shower on the weekends.
7. Aforementioned movie is not ALWAYS The Jungle Book because that’s what is in the DVD player.
8. We do not watch Supernatural in lieu of cartoons on Saturday mornings…
9. I did not give in and allow her to have 3 chocolate covered granola bars that one time…
10. I don’t go to the grocery store and listen to my music in my earphones on full blast before I pick her up from daycare most of the time.
I think 10 is enough of the things I definitely don’t do. Parenting is hard, but I love it. Sometimes I want to rip my hair out or would kill for two seconds of silence, but my sweet baby is awesome. How much can I really complain.