Oh my goodness… my sweet baby is 5 months old today. How did that happen? Wasn’t I just finding out I was pregnant yesterday? I’m so proud of her. She’s such a wonderful baby. Let’s talk about how she’s doing!
1. Favorite Foods: We’re still just doing formula mostly. She gets two bottles a day of oatmeal cereal though. We might go get a sweet potato tonight and see how that goes! I have a steamer and the baby bullet ready to go.
2. Favorite Outdoor Activities: Going for walks in the stroller.
3. Favorite Book: Winnie the Pooh, Classical Disney Stories
4. Favorite Song: Jesus Loves Me (sung by Mimi) and anything Mommy tries to sing, it’s funny!
5. Number of Teeth: Still no teeth that I’m aware of!
6. Latest Accomplishments: Rolling back to front and front to back, and using my legs to scoot herself around in a circle. She’s also smart enough that when I put her on her belly on a blanket and set her binki a little ways away from her, rather than scooting toward the binki, she’ll pull the blanket so it comes to her.
7. Words: No words, but she was “singing” along in church yesterday. So precious.
8. Favorite Store: Carter’s
9. Favorite Toys: Napolean my giraffe, Winnie the Pooh, and my purse. (Tell Mommy it’s time for my first cell phone!)
10. Favorite Games: Peek-a-boo, super baby, kissy, and being tickled.
11. Dislikes: Being in my car seat too long, and not being able to see what’s going on when we’re out and about.
12. Loves: Snuggling with Mommy, my new purse, being kissed, being in social situations when I can watch what is going on, and rolling all over.
13. Favorite Animals: My puppies, Seamus and Lola
14. She looks so proud of herself when she rolls. She’s not much of an ambi roller though. She pretty much just goes to the left. Maybe I can get her going to the right here soon. It’s so cute too. She gets so excited sometimes and she just kicks her little legs! Not both of them at the same time. She kicks one, then the other, then the other and so on. I love seeing her so excited. Yesterday, as I was getting ready for church, just as I was almost done, after playing for about an hour, she dozed off. I put my hand on her tummy to wake her. She smiled in her sleep, then opened her eyes and smiled even bigger. She’s so precious. She is getting a little bit of separation anxiety I think. If I pass her off, she gets kind of a panicked look on her face and reaches out for me. (I love that!! Not the panicked part, the wanting to be with me part.) She had a good evening last night. I was talking on the phone with her great grandmother and she was sitting in my lap playing with her sheepie. Man, she was having a GOOD time. Fell asleep before bath time though. Oops! Well, she’ll get one tonight. She has a weight check this week. If she hasn’t gained weight (though I think she has!) I’m going to be so upset. I’m trying not to worry, but I can’t help it. I’ve been painfully aware of her weight since she was born. She lost A LOT in the hospital. I realize she came out at 7 lb. 9 oz probably because I had been on IV fluids for 27 hours. Still, I can’t help but worry. I guess we’ll see what happens!